It has been said the definition of a goal is "a dream with a deadline." I tend to agree. The following goals are ambitious, achievable, and will require me to reach a personal best in employment income as well as a very high savings rate.
Here are a few of my goals for the new year.
I have listed my 2017 goals here.
I have listed my 2015 goals here.
1. Own shares of at least 25 different companies in my taxable account. SUCCESS
2. Receive $12,000 in dividends/interest in my taxable account. SUCCESS
3. Forward dividends/interest of $14,500 in my taxable account. SUCCESS
4. Receive and reinvest $7,000 in dividends/interest in my 401k account. FAIL
5. Reach $650,000 in net worth.
6. Buy my first rental property. EPIC FAIL---I didn't even look at any houses. at any houses.
7. Read at least 24 books on topics such as investing, sales processes, personal growth, exercise, and networking. SUCCESS
8. Find a few mentors in the investment community to help me along with my journey towards financial independence. BIG SUCCESS
9. Start selling off mutual fund holdings and replacing them with individual companies. SUCCESS
10. Document all of my activities and results on this blog. SUCCESS