Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Weekly Sharebuilder Purchases


Here are my automatic investments for this week.

  • PG:  2.56 shares @ $78.25 --- Yield  3.39% 
  • JNJ:  2.03 shares @ $98.34 --- Yield  3.05%
  • WMT:  2.76 shares @ $72.58 --- Yield  2.70%

Total capital invested is $600 ($200 in each company). The combined yield is 3.05% and will increase my yearly dividends by $18.28.

Back to a slow and steady pace adding powerful mega cap companies. It's good to see Walmart yielding 2.7%, I will continue adding to all three at these prices and lower.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

7 comments:

  1. MDP,
    All solid companies! Good to see them at 'discount'.
    D4S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Div Son,

      I sure am glad the buys went through yesterday and not today. :-)

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Fear is abound so I think it's an ideal time to be buying. I admit though, that seeing my capital gains evaporate upsets me but that's out of my control.

    PG and WMT have come down quite a bit and are both on my radar. I purchased some HCP today and sold a put on OHI yesterday. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADY,

      My portfolio is bouncing around as well. Great job picking up HCP. PG at close to 3.5% yield seems like a no brainer. I don't think it will stay here long but I hope it does.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Great buys with PG and JNJ. Now that PG has dropped quite a bit in recent weeks it's starting to look attractive again. A little pricey still but the yield is looking a lot more attractive. Same with JNJ under $100. I think many DGIers will be adding to these two names going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH,

      Those two look pretty good along with REITs and utilities. I think one could build a very good portfolio just adding JNJ, PG, and XOM right now.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. I think its not easy for a lay man to understand all this stuff regarding technical as well as fundamental analysis and this are the base for analysts though.

    ReplyDelete