Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekly Sharebuilder Purchases


Here are my automatic investments for this week.

  • CAT:  2.47 shares @ $80.96 --- Yield  3.46%
  • XOM:  2.33 shares @ $85.76 --- Yield  3.22%
  • JNJ:  1.99 shares @ $100.57 --- Yield  2.78%

Total capital invested is $600 ($200 invested in each company). The combined yield is 3.15% and will add $18.92 to my yearly dividends.

After a rather active month of investing in March, I will probably take it easy this month and keep adding to positions with my weekly purchases. If I continue to reduce my mutual fund holdings this month, I will probably redeploy the proceeds into companies like PG, KO, JNJ, and EMR.

Oil continues to bounce around, but seems to be holding its ground in the $45-$50 range. If Exxon stays in the $80s I will probably continue to add to my position. CAT also looks really good around a 3.5% yield.

Companies on my radar for next week include the three above as well as PM, SO, GM, and NOV.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

16 comments:

  1. Nice purchases, MDP. thanks for sharing
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice buys. I had almost picked CAT up a few weeks ago, but instead opted for DE. Both are winners along with XOM and JNJ. Enjoy the new income.
    - Gremlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DG,

      I agree with your assessment of DE and CAT. Both are good long term holdings even though they are highly cyclical companies.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. I see you purchased more JNJ after last week's big purchase. JNJ is looking very interesting right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawcan,

      My portfolio certainly can use more JNJ and I wouldn't mind it becoming my largest holding eventually.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. looks good. JNJ is looking more and more appealing of late too.

    CHeers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV,

      JNJ around $100 appear to be a pretty good price. Hopefully it drifts lower so I can continue to lower my basis.

      MDP

      Delete
  5. Hi, I like your weekly purchases. I assume you are not charged with any commission fee from your broker? I am considering no-commission and small-amount flexible broker for new purchases. Any recommendation? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MU,

      I use Sharebuilder for most of my purchases. They charge me $12 for 12 purchases a month. I have to make my stock selections on Monday and the trades go through on Tuesday mornings. They discontinued this program a while back, but I believe Costco members can pay $10 a month for 12 purchases.

      I like the program as it keeps costs down and allows fractional purchases and DRIPs.

      MDP

      Delete
    2. That is true. Costco members can still sign up for the Advantage program which gives 12 automatic trades for $10/month. I signed up for it in September last year and have been using it since. Definitely useful to make small but regular purchases.

      Delete
  6. MDP,

    And the wheels keep churning, don't let off on the pedal, great companies.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      As the Pumpkins would say "Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage." On day I will be escape this crazy rat race and you will too!

      MDP

      Delete
  7. That's Impressive. Did you post your portfolio somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      Thanks for the visit. You can check out my Dividend Spreadsheet tab at the top of the page.

      MDP

      Delete
  8. Great purchases MDP. I also added JNJ this week after the price dropped back to $100 levels. Also added T and WMT as well.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete