Friday, January 8, 2016

One more buy --- EMR




Today I purchased shares of EMR.

  • EMR:  35 shares @ $44.03  Yield  4.36% (initial position)

Total capital invested is $1548.00 and will add $67.20 to my yearly dividends.

It really feels good to re-enter the game even though its on a smaller level than in previous years. Since I stopped investing making the weekly purchases several months ago I no longer get to make the $1 trades so I will be buying in larger blocks than before. I did like the convenience of the automatic purchases, but I will survive making them manually.

In other news the DJIA is already down 6.19% in 2016. WOW!!! That is a huge drop.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

4 comments:

  1. Like the EMR buy. This is on my Jan. stock watch list and has been a long time holding for me. The industrial names have gone down quite a bit as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      Thanks for the comment! I was bouncing back and forth between EMR and TD today. I have owned and sold TD before and probably chose EMR because its a new stock for me.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Nice buy. Industrial stocks are being hammered and when reading seekingalpha.com, there are so many negative comments on just about every single company out there. So it's probably a good time to buy. I was looking at quite a few companies today but in the end I chickend out (AXP, CAT, ETN, PNR, SU, UNP and RDS.B).

    Good luck rebuilding your portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADY,

      Yeah I chickened out on adding AAPL the day before as well. I probably will get burned yet again adding to my Shell position today, but it was just too tempting. I really like the current yield on EMR and the long term dividend growth record.

      MDP

      Delete