Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Recent Buy --- TUP & BA






Today I added to my Boeing position and created a new position in Tupperware.


  • TUP:  38 shares @ $43.20 --- Yield  6.30%
  • BA:  13 shares @ $117.40 --- Yield  3.71%

Total capital invested is $3181.70. The combined yield on these purchases is 5.03% and will add $160.04 to my yearly dividends. This is my second purchase of BA this month, Industrial companies continue to take it on the chin. TUP, on the other hand, should be considered relatively defensive if we are in fact heading towards a recession. Gotta store those leftovers during hard times...Lol

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

4 comments:

  1. MDP,
    I like both moves, and those companies have been fairly well beat up of late. In the long run, our gain. TUP in particular is interesting, and I think they will continue their success in the next few years. Meanwhile, I continue to use there stuff weekly for my leftovers.
    - Gremlin
    - Long TUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gremlin,

      I use Tupperware products as well. When I saw the big drop down to $43, I just couldn't resist picking up some shares.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Really good blog , I follow it every day and have linked you on my side ! Was going to ask if you would like to share my newly created blog? Where I write about finance, savings and value investment . Although your readers are welcome to link my website ! = )

    http://lifeismygoal.blogspot.se

    /LIMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LIMG,

      I am adding you to my sidebar. Is there any way you can add a translator gadget.

      Thanks,

      MDP

      Delete