Thursday, November 10, 2016

Recent Buy --- UL DJIA All time high!!


Today I initiated a position in UL.





  • UL:  100 shares @ $39.87 --- Yield  3.51%

Total capital invested is $3993.60 and will increase my yearly dividends by $140.00.

Even though the markets and my portfolio continues to surge to new all time highs, there are still pockets of value out there. 

UL has fallen about $10 a share in the last month or so and so I took advantage of what I think is a pretty good yield and entry point. Other companies I am watching closely include PM, MO, VZ, T, OHI, HCP, NKE, and DEO. Most of these names are being left for dead. The best part is I have little or no position in most of them.

On the other side of the spectrum WFC, M, GS, MET, TROW, EMR, PFE, and GILD look really stretched. GS might be my first sell in a very long time as I am up about $60 a share in this position and the yield has really plummeted.

Forward dividends are around $4540.


DEFY MEDIOCRITY

10 comments:

  1. Picked up some UL myself and closely looking at the REITS as well O / OHI / HCP I think WFC will continue to rise now especially with the assumed rate hike in December ( who knows if it will actually happen ) but it seems the deals are still out there even at all time highs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG,

      You and I are definitely on the same page. I am looking very hard at tobacco, REITs, telcos, and utilities. There are many consumer staples that are looking attractive as well.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. I sold a few banks stocks today. Might be a little too early, but I couldn't resist. Wow, you're up $60 on GS, great job on that. That makes me feel my $600 gain in short changing JPM, PFG, COF, and GS sounds like chum change, LOL.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivanne,

      Financials and pharma have been on a tear since the election. I'm really glad that I loaded up on WFC over the last couple of months. I may trim a few positions and look for better yield and value in the coming weeks.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. I got super excited when the futures market was down tuesday night/wednesday morning. However I have initiated any positions since the market seems to still be going up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MSM,

      Opportunities have been very short-lived this year. Back in Jan/Feb industrials were destroyed only to come roaring back, then the Brexit lasted maybe 2 days, and now a day after Trump is elected we are at new all time highs. Plenty of values are popping up though.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. It would seem like we are seeing sector rotation from consumer staples, REITs and Utilities into financials, industrials and maybe pharma. I bought UL at $40 and sold at $48 a very short while ago. Looks like I might get back in. Great buy on your end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADY,

      I remember your UL moves and congratulate you on them. I think UL in the 30s looks pretty good. I would love to see Procter drop into the 70 and add some shares as a complement to UL.

      MDP

      Delete
  5. MDP -

    Killer purchase and adding a drop in the bucket of $140 to your forward income, move making, congrats.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      It's been almost a year since my divorce and I am continuing to put Humpty Dumpty back together and get his ass high up on that wall!!

      MDP

      Delete