Monday, September 5, 2016

August 2016 Recap








While July was rough ($0 dividends), August was much better as I received $185.54.  As always, I reinvested all the dividends back into the companies paying them.

At first glance, HCP was the monster payer this month and was responsible for over half of my total income.  The good news is the dividends are beginning to smooth out as I received payments from four companies in August as opposed to only HCP in May. Ideally I would like to have at least 10 different companies paying in the "off" months with no one company contributing to more than 10% of the total. Time and patience will take take of this.

As you can see I also added $6865.01 in fresh new capital which increased my forward dividends by $303.74. I know that I am probably only about 20% of the level I was at this point last year. That's ok! I still have a ton of dry powder to work with and will continue to ramp up the portfolio. In fact I am much further along than I anticipated I would be. I was originally hoping to reach $3000 in forward dividends and now may surpass $4000 by year end. Of course then comes 5,7.5, 10, 15 etc.

The hamster wheel continues to spin. :-)

Forward dividends are $3600.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

10 comments:

  1. Good work!

    Keep moving toward that goal. HCP is pretty solid as the aging population should keep their business booming for some time.

    Cheers
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divi Cents,

      I agree completely with you on HCP. The valuation looks a bit stretched, but I plan on holding the shares going forward.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Congrats on this month's dividends MDP - you earned a fair bit compared to our $0. Nice job deploying your fresh capital, that will definitely help for the future. I'm sure the market will have a big drop at some point, and you're ready for it!

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividends Down Under,

      I earned $0 in July so I feel your pain. No worries though! Keep making additions no matter the size and good things will come your way! Hopefully we both get the opportunity to buy in a lower market!

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Yep keep at it and it will all smooth out over time. Congrats on a nice looking year so far. Man I wish I had that kind of capital to pump in.
    Cheers,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFG,

      For many years I had very little capital to invest, I didn't stop trying to improve my circumstances though! Stay with it and the capital will materialize!

      MDP

      Delete
  4. Not quite at your all time high/average yet but you've been adding more and more dividend paying stocks lately. Should see that number grow quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawcan,

      I'm definitely getting excited about rebuilding the pipeline. Great month on your side as well. You are really killing it!!

      MDP

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new income. I remember you sold all your positions before, so it's nice to see its coming back! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHWG,

      Thanks for the warm wishes! Finally it seems like the market is becoming a bit more volatile. Hopefully it lasts for a bit longer this time.

      MDP

      Delete