Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weekly Sharebuilder Purchases

Here are my automatic investments for this week.

  • ESV:  6.50 shares @ $38.33 --- Yield  7.83%
  • RDS-b:  6.74 shares @ $74.07 --- Yield  5.08%
  • GM:  16.13 shares @ $30.94 --- Yield  3.88%
  • CVX:  4.31 shares @ $115.85 --- Yield  3.69%
  • XOM:  5.27 shares @ $94.68 --- Yield  2.92%

Total capital invested is $2250 ($250 in ESV and $500 in the others).  The combined yield on this week's purchase is 4.33% and will add $97.43 to my yearly dividends.


$100/week Challenge --- Week 27   S&P 500:  1973

I missed my $100 goal this week, but my forward passive income is around $14,140 so I am ahead of schedule with my year end goal of $14,500 in passive income.  I plan on keeping up my current pace through Thanksgiving and then I will slow down the puchases for a while.

The recent market pullback certainly has been short-lived which follows a similar pattern over the last couple of  years.  It seems like we go through a quick 5-10% drop and then immediately recover. In any case, energy continues to be attractive so I will focus on building up that part of my portfolio.

Stock on my radar for next week include CVX, XOM, BP, RDS-b, COP, GM, UL, KO and IBM.

14 comments:

  1. As always love reading about your weekly purchases. Another heavy energy buy this week. Makes sense to me. Have you ever considered BP or TOT in recent weeks? Thanks for sharing and look forward to reading about your next buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      I almost added to BP on the recent weakness, but I already have a large position so I have been focusing on XOM and RDS-b. I probably am sacrificing some value for the sake of diversification. Sometimes that can happen.

      As always, thanks for stopping by!

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Loving your weekly purchases. Yet another solid buy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. Relentless accumulation of assets is the name of the game.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Another steady week of additions, and your miss on the $100 mark is really small. Even though you are planning on slowing down after Thanksgiving, your additional capital from dividends received should boost you close to the $15,000 mark for forward 12-month dividends. Pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W2R,

      I think with I will be close to $15k as there are a few more raises that should take place like AFL and BP today! I will also reinvest the dividends that I receive over the next couple of months. That should hopefully do it.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. MDP,

    Might have missed that $100 goal, but the $14,500 is the much more attractive (and larger) number.

    Keep up the great work. I hope to catch up in about 7-8 years! :)

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM,

      Thanks buddy. I actually started much later in life than you did with dividend growth investing so while my snowball may be larger now, yours started rolling way before mine and therefore is much more impressive!

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      MDP

      Delete
  5. Woww, that's amazing to see how much money you can invest a week. I wish I had super high income like you. :)

    I saw some of ur posts and its pretty impressive , keep the good work.

    Just curious, would you not buy kmi , ibm, ge ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jigar,

      Thanks for stopping over. I actually like GE, IBM, and KMI. I regret not picking up shares when KMI was in the low 30s just two weeks ago. Oh well....I will no doubt pick up shares of all three during the next several years.

      MDP

      Delete
  6. Your discipline and conviction is very impressive.

    Wondering about your weekly trading costs though! Isn't sharebuilder charges $3.95 per investment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      Thanks for your kind words! I started using Sharebuilder back when you could receive 12 trades a month for $12. If I make more than 12 trades, then the additional purchases are only $1 per purchase.

      MDP

      Delete
  7. I am on the look out for a similar cost effective broker where I could invest small amounts across multiple stocks as you do. SB seems to have increased their fee. Motif and Loyal3 are other two likely ones and both seem to have own set of drawbacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      I think the two brokers you mentioned would be a great low cost way to dollar cost average into your positions.

      MDP

      Delete