Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Recent Buys --- T,F KHC, & XOM


Today I added shares of these four companies to my portfolio.

  • F:  350 shares @ $8.31 --- Yield  7.22%
  • T:  200 shares @ $30.47 --- Yield  6.56%
  • KHC:  50 shares @ $55.75 --- Yield  4.48%
  • XOM:  30 shares @ 77.75 --- Yield  4.22%

Total capital invested is $14,150.30 and has a combined yield of 5.89%.  These purchases will increase my yearly dividends by $833.40.

It's pretty cool/scary how high the yields on some of these companies are getting. T at 7% and Kraft at 5% would cause me to buy heavy. Kraft has fallen about $40 a share in the last year. I also have my eyes on BBL if it gets closer to 7% and MMM around 3%. Finally I believe IBM is touching 5% and will look at it closely as well.

In other news early retirement is fucking awesome!



9 comments:

  1. Geez...someone has been enjoying retirement. I guess all we need is a little dip in the market to get some updates and activity from MDP. Nice pickups. Can't bring myself to touch F, but I have been buying T and KHC as of late. If XOM gets down below $75, I may add some more.

    PIV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PIV,

      I have been enjoying my time off the hamster wheel for sure. Awesome job buying T and KHC on the cheap.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. What is your portfolio anymore that is supporting retirement. You should share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DB,

      My dividend portfolio is relatively small right now, but will be adding some positions here and there. While getting a feel for what early retirement life is like, I have been pretty liquid. Right now I have a couple hundred thousand in 2.2% cds. My dividend income is about $4000 a year.

      I'll update my dividend spreadsheet in the next couple of days.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Yee dips are nice. Im also considering to add some more T as the yield as you said on the skyhigh :) Need to look at fubdamentals and news. Maybe there is something behind this decline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P2035,

      It looks like VZ is killing T on the subscriber front right. I think T may be trying to juggle a couple too many businesses. These things typically self correct and the yield (and value) are pretty compelling in my estimation.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. Lanny,

    Good to hear from you bro! Yes I am back...never really left just spending my time doing fun shit and not worrying too much about anything business or job related.

    MDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great picks and selections. I have been adding to three of the four you have listed, and also have been picking up BUD. Go Big Guy Go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Glad to see your out there enjoying your dream come true. I am glad to see some posts show back up here, i have missed reading your blog this year. I am been picking up many of the same securities as yourself, but as others have said I can't bring myself to touch Ford either, mostly because of the terrible historical returns of the auto industry in general. But to each their own!

    Have fun doing nothing ;)

    ReplyDelete