Monday, November 21, 2016

Recent Buy --- GILD All time market highs!!


Today I added to my GILD position.




  • GILD:  27 shares @ $74.97 --- Yield  2.51%

Total capital invested is $2031.09 and will add $50.76 to my yearly dividends. 

It's amazing how the market continues to hit all time high after all time high. The DJIA, S&P 500, and NASDAQ are all hitting new highs today.

I remember thinking the S&P 500 was way too high when it was trading around 1400 a few years back in 2013. Now we are inches away from 2200.

It just goes to show how powerful and unpredictable market forces are and that waiting for that ever elusive 20% pullback can result in a missed 80% surge! 

The good news is there are still sectors that are deep in correction territory and GILD happens fall smack dab in the middle of one!

Forward dividends are $4750.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

2 comments:

  1. Nice pick up at a great value and better yield. Still have GILD and AMGN on my watch list. We'll see if I ever pull the trigger on those names for further diversification. I like one line from above... "...waiting for that ever elusive 20% pullback can result in a missed 80% surge!" So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DivHut,

    I like your two stocks of interest. I'm now watching MDT after a big drop this morning. I may pull the trigger soon!

    MDP

    ReplyDelete