Friday, June 17, 2016

Castle wall construction continues --- DEO & KO







Today I opened a position in DEO and KO.

  • DEO:  15 shares @ $103.02 --- Yield  3.34%
  • KO: 40 shares @ $44.47 --- Yield  3.15%

Total capital invested is $3337.90. The combined yield is 3.22% and will add $112 to my yearly dividends.  I wouldn't say KO is particularly cheap here, but it never hurts to add some shares each year. I started with a relatively small position and will add more on weakness.

I almost bought DEO around $100 a couple of days ago, but went with Wells instead. Both DEO and KO are fairly defensive in nature and should be reliable payers for years to come. 

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

2 comments:

  1. MDP,

    Fricken sweet. I wish I would have scooped up more DEO when it was at $100; hoping it drives back to that price point, as I think it's a steal. It's a steal under $105; with strong branding. KO = no explanation necessary. Nice purchases.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      Thanks, my man! I hear you with the $100 price range. I should have jumped on in it a few days earlier. Anything in the low $100s looks pretty solid and I will hopefully add to the position sooner rather than later!

      MDP

      Delete