Wednesday, July 15, 2015

KMI raises dividend 2.08% --- New yield is 5.23%



Today KMI announced yet another dividend increase. The quarterly dividend will increase from $.48 to $.49. The new yield is 5.23%.

Even though the share price has mostly increased over the last year or so, I think this is the highest yield I have seen. I believe even when the price was in the low 30s last year the dividend was around $.42 so the yield was around 5%. I may have to start adding to my position again.

The ex-dividend date is July 29th and the pay date is August 14th.

Since I currently own 235.84 shares, my yearly dividends will increase by $9.43.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

8 comments:

  1. Sitting in the Corpus Christi airport, I must say this is welcome news!

    I did get a good tour of Texas, all too fast though...

    - Gremlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DG,

      I would say your tour peaked while you were in Austin. Texas is a diverse state with a lot to see.....oh and how about that July heat and humidity! :-)

      MDP

      MDP

      Delete
  2. MDP,

    Great news from KMI. What's cool is they will make it 0.50 next quarter, as that was the goal by the end of the year to have 2 in forward dividend income I believe. Growth rate has been great since 12/31/14 from 0.44 to 0.49 already, not complaining.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      $2.00 is within our grasp! I can't wait until it reaches $4.00.

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! This is exciting dividend growth... Right now, I don't own shares of KMI in DivGro, so news like this (and the consequential high yield) certainly makes me interested!

    Cheers
    FerdiS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FerdiS,

      I haven't added shares for over a year, but am seriously considering adding to my position. I will keep an eye on my overall allocation so I don't get too deep into energy.

      MDP

      Delete
  4. Loving these quarterly raises ! Right on target for $2.00 by years end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CD,

      $2.00 looks likes it will be coming soon. Next stop....$3.00!!!

      MDP

      Delete